HOMETechnologyClean Energy ProjectsTracker-type Floating Solar Power Generation System
Tracker-type Floating Solar Power Generation System
SOLATUS is a tracker-type floating solar photovoltaic system to maximize energy production by changing
the inclination & azimuthal angle of its solar photovoltaic array according to the route of the moving sun,
functioning to combine a sun-tracking technique and a floating structure along with mooring device
on the water surface above the dam and reservoir
- Installed capacity : 100kW
- Structure: 4 sets of 25kW
- Fixed (cooling system) : 2 sets
- Automatic sun-tracking : 1 set
- Manual sun-tracking : 1 set
- Area occupied : 2,662m2
Azimuthal Angle Tracking
Horizontal Revolution Mechanism
Response Mooring Device
Overview of structural system
- Develops proprietary technologies to achieve technical dominance
- Encourages the mutual growth of solar power industry
- Increases the efficient use of land
- Six floating solar power plants are expected to produce the power generation revenue of KRW 7,814 million annually.
- The power generation is 23% higher than that of a fixed-type floating solar power plants
- The floating solar power plant in Hapcheon Dam started operation on December 2013.
- 1,200MW floating solar power plants will be developed in 12 dams, including Sihwa Lake, by 2022.